£48,600 inc. car allowance per annum
July 14, 2021
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse with complex healthcare experience looking for the next step in your career?
At Superior Healthcare we truly value our Nurses of all levels and the skilled and essential role they perform. Due to expansion of the organisation we are looking to recruit a Regional Nurse Manager to join our experienced team. This role will involve an element of business development as we build on our existing case load in the Sussex area.
Reporting to the Registered Manager, the Regional Nurse Manager will be responsible for developing and managing a small client caseload of adults and children with complex care needs across Sussex, as well as helping and supporting growth of the business in this area.
You will lead a well-trained, enthusiastic team of Registered Nurses and Support Workers and will be the point of contact for our commissioners and regulating authorities to provide assurance.
You will also assist and lead on the training of new team members; both Registered Nurses and Support Workers so that they deliver consistent first class care to our clients. Liaising with the Recruitment Team about you staffing needs
Superior Healthcare was founded in 2006 by Stewart Thorp, his father Charles and Sarah Richards in response to their experience of caring for Stewart’s brother and Charles’ son, Alex, who has an acquired brain injury.
From their personal experience, Charles and Stewart identified the importance of a specialised care service that would bridge the gap between independent care providers and national organisations and in 2006, Superior Healthcare was founded with the objective of providing specialised services for people who have complex and long term health needs.
Today, we operate specialist agency and complex care divisions which collectively deliver more than 400,000 hours of care each year.
With first hand experience of complex care in the home, we know what it’s like and what it takes to deliver exceptional levels of care.
For us, it’s personal.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To work closely with our Business Development team to grow the business in the Sussex area
- To work closely with commissioners and the multidisciplinary team to support adults, children and their families who require a home-based care package.
- To meet with clients and their families to introduce Superior Healthcare and the service that we provide.
- To acquire a detailed knowledge of clients’ needs and to develop a personalised and descriptive care support plan that details their care needs, goals and wishes for the service and which establishes how these will be achieved by Superior Healthcare and our team.
- To undertake risk assessments and to put in place measures to mitigate identified areas of risk.
- To participate in the recruitment & lead on the selection of support workers and nurses for your client’s team.
- To introduce new support workers/nurses to clients and their family.
- To become the expert in new clients’ care and support needs including sourcing specialist training and support where appropriate.
- To assist the process of inducting new employees to the client’s team in conjunction with the Field Care Supervisor.
- To undertake classroom and community based training with members of your clients’ care teams to equip them with the skills and competency they need to ensure that they are highly skilled to meet clients’ needs.
- To identify and procure additional training where required to meet client needs and for the development of employees’ skills and knowledge.
- To ensure that support workers and nurses attain the required competencies before they are left to work unsupervised.
- To routinely review clients’ care needs and to amend their care and support plan in accordance with Superior Healthcare’s Care Planning Policy including following changes in clients’ health.
- To update risk assessments at agreed intervals and as changes arise.
What You Need to Have:
- The applicant must be an Adult trained Registered Nurse and hold a valid NMC PIN
- The applicant must have a minimum of three years’ post-registration experience.
- The applicant must be experienced in the care of adults who have a tracheostomy and are ventilated and hold up to-date-competencies in these areas.
- The applicant will be highly organised and have the ability to communicate effectively with clients and their families and the multidisciplinary team.
- The applicant will have the skill to develop and implement individual care plans
- The applicant will be highly motivated and reliable.
- The applicant will be able to commit to a flexible working pattern and participate in the provision of the telephone based out of hours service on a rotational basis.
- The applicant must hold a UK driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
- Salary of £48,600 including car allowance, negotiable
- 37.5 hours per week, flexible working hours
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- A day off on your birthday
- Free blue light card
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Bespoke Benefits platform
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disabilities, and religions/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to continuously improving our inclusion and diversity practices.
If you think your skills and experience match the requirements of this role, then we would love to hear from you. For more information about Superior Healthcare and/or the role itself, please contact Jemma Lowry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!