48,000 inc. car allowance per annum
April 29, 2021
The Superior Healthcare Group was founded by Stewart Thorp, his father Charles and Sarah Richards in 2006 – five years after Stewart’s brother Alex had been involved in the road traffic accident.
Having sustained a traumatic brain injury, Alex spent two months at King’s College Hospital, London, before being transferred to Chailey Heritage where he spent a further year before being discharged to his family home with the aid of round-the-clock care.
In 2002, Sarah, who was managing the local branch of a national care provider at the time, became responsible for providing the care team that would support Stewart and his family to care for Alex at home.
By working with a team of care workers, therapists, case managers and lawyers over a period of five years, Stewart, Charles and Sarah identified the need for a care provider that would bridge the gap between small agencies and national providers – and then the path for The Superior Healthcare Group was paved.
Today, we operate specialist agency and complex care divisions which collectively deliver more than 400,000 hours of care each year.
As an Adult Nurse Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing a small client caseload and for assisting and leading on the training and support provided the team that will deliver a first-class care at home service for adults with complex care needs.
The overall goal for the role of an Adult Nurse Manager is to ensure that clients receive an exceptional service which is provided by a well-trained, enthusiastic team of support workers and Registered nurses and to provide assurance to our commissioners and regulating authorities.
Day-to-day duties will include:
- To work closely with commissioners and the multidisciplinary team to support adults and their families who require a home-based care package.
- To meet with clients and their families to introduce Superior Healthcare and the service that we provide.
- To acquire a detailed knowledge of clients’ needs and to develop a personalised and descriptive care support plan that details their care needs, goals and wishes for the service and which establishes how these will be achieved by Superior Healthcare and our team.
- To undertake risk assessments and to put in place measures to mitigate identified areas of risk.
- To participate in the recruitment & lead on the selection of support workers and nurses for your client’s team.
- To introduce new support workers/nurses to clients and their family.
- To become the expert in new clients’ care and support needs including sourcing specialist training and support where appropriate.
- To ensure client’s care is provided at all times it is commissioned – including working within a care package yourself if required.
- To assist the process of inducting new employees to the client’s team in conjunction with the Field Care Supervisor.
- To routinely review clients’ care needs and to amend their care and support plan in accordance with Superior Healthcare’s Care Planning Policy including following changes in clients’ health.
- To update risk assessments at agreed intervals and as changes arise.
- The applicant must be an Adult trained Registered Nurse and hold a valid NMC PIN
- A minimum of three years’ post-registration experience
- Experienced in the care of adults who have a tracheostomy and are ventilated and hold up to-date-competencies in these areas
- Experience of supporting healthcare workers to achieve the competency to care for adults who have complex health needs
- Experience of providing community based care packages for adults with complex care needs
- An excellent level of written and spoken English
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, their families and the multidisciplinary team
- A good understanding of IT systems and understand the need to document contemporaneously/accurately
- Highly motivated and reliable
- Able to commit to a flexible working pattern and participate in the provision of the telephone based out of hours service on a rotational basis
- Have a clean UK driving licence and have access to their own vehicle
- Competitive salary with opportunity for bonus
- Full training and induction programme
- Access to training and supervision along with our commitment to supporting ongoing personal development
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous refer-a-friend scheme
- Company laptop, tablet and mobile phone
- Car allowance and generous travel expenses
- A home based role with regional offices, meeting rooms and training facilities at your disposal
- The opportunity to plan your own diary
- Part time hours or job share considered
- Frequent social events
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Health and Wellbeing programmes
- Discounts on goods and services offered by third parties
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disabilities, and religions/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to continuously improving our inclusion and diversity practices.
If you think your skills and experience match the requirements of this role, then we would love to hear from you. For more information about Superior Healthcare and/or the role itself, please contact Adele Blythe, Clinical Operations Manager at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!