£10.23 - £13.50 per hour
Full time/Part time
November 12, 2020
Are you an experienced Carer or Support Worker who has experience of supporting adults who have a tracheostomy and/or who uses a ventilator or, are you an experienced Healthcare Assistant who is enthusiastic to develop your clinical expertise whilst providing valuable support?
Superior Healthcare works in partnership with specialist hospitals and long-term ventilation teams to support children and adults discharge home. We now have opportunities for kind, caring people to join our clients’ teams!
It would be great if you’ve got previous experience of working with clients who have complex needs. If you don’t, we can provide training so you feel confident in the clinical skills that you will need.
You will need to be available to work a minimum of 24 hours per week.
What can Superior Healthcare offer?
- As a member of our Adults Service, we can offer you work supporting people with complex needs living in your local community, a regular working pattern with shifts of 8-12 hours and a long-term career opportunity.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in specialist training and your induction will include paid induction shifts working alongside experienced members of our clients’ teams and support from a Lead Nurse.
- You’ll receive competitive rates of pay including enhancements for nights and weekends shifts, paid weekly.
- Hourly rates start from £10.23 per hour and increase to £13.50 per hour, with enhancements for working bank holidays.
- You will receive holiday pay, a company pension and access to Perkbox – our member’s benefits and wellbeing platform. As well as perks such as free coffee at Caffè Nero, half price cinema tickets, mobile phone insurance and a range of discounts at high street and online retailers, you will receive access to online fitness classes and a confidential counselling service.
- We also offer paid training, free uniforms and generous refer-a-friend bonuses of up to £500 per referral. There’s good reason that more than half of applicants join Superior Healthcare following recommendation and by word of mouth!
What do we need from you?
- We will need you to be able to demonstrate that you have at least six months’ experience working as a carer or support worker and be eligible to work in the UK. An NVQ Level 2/3 in Health & Social Care would be an advantage but is not essential as full training and support will be provided.
- You will be reliable, enthusiastic, empathetic, proactive, and confident in providing one to one support.
- You must be able to work as part of a team and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- As a member of our complex care team, you must be able to work at least two regular shifts per week and will work as part of a team to ensure that holiday and sickness absence is covered. Flexible work is available via our nursing agency division, if preferred.
- Ideally you will be a car driver with access to your own vehicle
Ready to have a chat?
Apply today with your CV and a member of the Superior Team will be in touch. If you can’t wait a minute longer then feel free to call Katie on 01227 774878 and we can talk you through the role and answer any questions you have.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Superior Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer (agy). This position will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and reference checks in line with Superior Healthcare’s referencing policy.