£58,800 - £69,600 per annum
August 18, 2020
Are you a Senior Registered Nurse with complex care skills and managerial experience, looking for the next step in your career?
At Superior Healthcare we truly value nurses and the skilled and essential role you perform. As such we are investing heavily in our nursing team and are looking to recruit a Head of Adult Nursing to work alongside the Registered Manager and join our experienced team to deliver exceptional complex care at home. You may be looking for a new challenge. Or career progression. But ultimately if you want to work somewhere you feel valued and are rewarded for the clinical experience and knowledge you have, then this unique opportunity is for you.
Reporting directly into the Registered Manager, you lead a team of Adult Nurse Managers and will share responsibility for day to day operational logistics. You will provide overall clinical and management leadership, focusing on quality, efficiency, staff satisfaction and client outcomes. You will support a team who will deliver the highest quality of care, ensuring the team match the needs of each individual client. You will work with your Adult Nurse Managers driving service improvement and business development.
The overall goal for the role of Head of Adult Nursing is to ensure that clients receive an exceptional service which is managed by Adult Nurse Case Managers and a well-trained, enthusiastic team of support workers and Registered nurses and to provide assurance to our commissioners and regulating authorities that care is of an excellent standard.
- To work closely with commissioners and the multidisciplinary team to identify opportunities for growth
- Involvement in meetings with the above and clients and their families to introduce Superior Healthcare and the service that we provide.
- To support the Adult Nurse Case Managers ensuring they acquire a detailed knowledge of clients’ needs and to develop a personalised and descriptive care support plan that details their care needs, goals and wishes for the service and which establishes how these will be achieved by Superior Healthcare and our team.
- To oversee care plans and risk assessments and to put in place measures to mitigate identified areas of risk.
- Working with the Training Manager and acting as an ‘expert’ in clinical training delivery.
- To identify and procure additional training where required to meet client needs and for the development of employees’ skills and knowledge.
- To build strong relationships with commissioners and case managers to bring on new care packages.
- To become the expert in new clients’ care and support needs including sourcing specialist training and support where appropriate.
- To ensure the process of inducting new employees to the client’s team in conjunction with the Adult Nurse Manager / Field Care Supervisor is a seamless transition.
- To offer clinical advice as to delivery of care.
- Clinical lead with responsibility for infection prevention and control, health and safety, emergency planning, safeguarding adults, and mental health legislation.
- To ensure any potential gaps in service are identified at the earliest opportunity to prevent any disruption in service.
- To capture and record employee feedback from clients and their families.
- To act as a mentor and provide clinical support for Adult Nurse Case Managers who manage care packages and the Field Care Supervisor(s) who report to them.
- To undertake audits of client files.
- To attend and contribute to clinical governance meetings.
- To develop, and ensure compliance with, organisational policies and procedures.
- To participate in internal and external auditing activities, including CQC inspections.
- To develop clinical standard operating procedures in line with best practice guidelines
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- The applicant must be an Adult trained Registered Nurse and hold a valid NMC PIN
- The applicant must have a minimum of five years’ post-registration experience – two of these years should be in a managerial position.
- The applicant must be experienced in the care of adults who have a tracheostomy and are ventilated and hold up to-date-competencies in these areas.
- The applicant must have management experience
- The applicant will have a good knowledge of CQC and have worked with KLOE’s
- The applicant will be highly organised and have the ability to communicate effectively with clients and their families and the multidisciplinary team.
- The applicant will have the skill to advise, develop and implement individual care plans.
- The applicant will be highly motivated and reliable.
- The applicant will be able to commit to a flexible working pattern and participate in the provision of the telephone based out of hours service on a rotational basis.
- The applicant must hold a UK driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
- The applicant will have an excellent knowledge of complex care and life limiting conditions.
- The applicant will be able to commit to a flexible working pattern to fit business needs
- £58,800 to £69,600 dependent on experience, including car allowance
- Company car option as alternative to car allowance
- 37.5 hours per week, flexible working hours
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Bespoke Benefits platform
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A home-based role with regional offices, meeting rooms and training facilities at your disposal.
- The opportunity to plan your own diary.
- Part time hours or job share considered.
We welcome applications from everyone regardless of their background. If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.