£48-600 - 57,600 per annum
August 18, 2020
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse with complex healthcare experience looking for the next step in your career?
At Superior Healthcare we truly value nurses and the skilled and essential role you perform. As such we are investing heavily in our nursing team and are looking to recruit Adult Nurse Managers to join our experienced team to deliver exceptional complex care at home. You may be looking for a new challenge. Or career progression. But ultimately if you want to work somewhere you feel valued and are rewarded for the clinical experience and knowledge you have, then this unique opportunity is for you.
Reporting to the Head of Adult Clinical Services, the Adult Nurse Manager will be responsible for developing and managing a small client caseload of adults with complex care need. You’ll assist and lead on the training and support, to provide the team that will deliver a first class care at home service for our client. As well as leading a well-trained, enthusiastic team of Registered Nurses and Support Workers you will be point of contact for our commissioners and regulating authorities to provide assurance.
- To work closely with commissioners and the multidisciplinary team to support adults and their families who require a home-based care package.
- To meet with clients and their families to introduce Superior Healthcare and the service that we provide.
- To acquire a detailed knowledge of clients’ needs and to develop a personalised and descriptive care support plan that details their care needs, goals and wishes for the service and which establishes how these will be achieved by Superior Healthcare and our team.
- To undertake risk assessments and to put in place measures to mitigate identified areas of risk.
- To participate in the recruitment & lead on the selection of support workers and nurses for your client’s team.
- To introduce new support workers/nurses to clients and their family.
- To become the expert in new clients’ care and support needs including sourcing specialist training and support where appropriate.
- To assist the process of inducting new employees to the client’s team in conjunction with the Field Care Supervisor.
- To undertake classroom and community based training with members of your clients’ care teams to equip them with the skills and competency they need to ensure that they are highly skilled to meet clients’ needs.
- To identify and procure additional training where required to meet client needs and for the development of employees’ skills and knowledge.
- To ensure that support workers and nurses attain the required competencies before they are left to work unsupervised.
- To routinely review clients’ care needs and to amend their care and support plan in accordance with Superior Healthcare’s Care Planning Policy including following changes in clients’ health.
- To update risk assessments at agreed intervals and as changes arise.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- The applicant must be an Adult trained Registered Nurse and hold a valid NMC PIN
- The applicant must have a minimum of three years’ post-registration experience.
- The applicant must be experienced in the care of adults who have a tracheostomy and are ventilated and hold up to-date-competencies in these areas.
- The applicant will be highly organised and have the ability to communicate effectively with clients and their families and the multidisciplinary team.
- The applicant will have the skill to develop and implement individual care plans
- The applicant will be highly motivated and reliable.
- The applicant will be able to commit to a flexible working pattern and participate in the provision of the telephone based out of hours service on a rotational basis.
- The applicant must hold a UK driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
- Salary of £48,600 – £57,600 per annum, including performance related bonus & car allowance
- 37.5 hours per week, flexible working hours
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Bespoke Benefits platform
- Employee Assistance Programme
We welcome applications from everyone regardless of their background. If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.